Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

May 30, 2008

Nope! No Liberal Blogger Friday this week!

I know! I'm a slacker! I get it already! Actually, I've been so busy this week that I totally forgot to send an e-mail out to the individual I had hoped to "lure" over here. I promise, there will be a guest post next week.

In the meantime, for those of us who have some brains in our noodles and are actually not buying in to this whole global warmongering hoax - I have some good news - not that it will help anything immediately, but it is a start. Newt Gingrich has started a petition drive over at his website American Solutions. The petition drive is called "Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay less." Go quickly, sign that petition! While you're out there - get this cool button for your website:



Get the word out there and tell everyone you know to sign this petition. Here's some of the background info I found on the website:

* The average price for a gallon of gas is now $3.94, this is $.74 higher than a year ago.

* The U.S. Congress has acted, but in the wrong direction. Last week, the Senate voted narrowly against reversing a moratorium on oil-shale development.

* Federal officials and industry experts estimate that up to 1.8 trillion barrels of oil is trapped in the region's oil shale, or three times the proven reserves of Saudi Arabia.

* Laws and policies that restrict access to America’s abundant energy drive up the price of fuel and electricity. They cause widespread layoffs and leave workers and families struggling to survive, as the cost of everything they eat, drive, wear and do spirals higher.
There is also an embedded YouTube video out there where you can watch Newt explain the whole thing. So - I urge everyone to go out and sign the petition and then let others know!

Once you've done that - Go check out Vulcan's Hammer's site and see what a Cap & Trade bureaucracy will look like if the Lieberman-Warner (formerly the McCain-Lieberman) Bill passes

My Zimbio
Top Stories

Sphere: Related Content

 
Charm Skins

ss_blog_claim=5319c3663e46abb35c5c746660daad6c